Our fast-growing, production company is seeking a Production Supervisor. This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a member of a dynamic team in a clean and safe environment. The ideal candidate for this role will have 3 plus years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pay strong attention to detail and be committed to workplace safety. Additionally, the candidate for this position will be motivated to grow with Palmetto Gourmet Foods building a career for years to come. Flexibility with scheduled workdays and shift preferences is required.
Production Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Primary accountability for safety, quality, appearance/GMP, reliability and cost results through effective leadership and development of our hourly production team members.
- Specifically accomplishes results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, inspiring, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems.
- Facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation and teamwork within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
- Ensures operation of equipment by calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; making recommendations and participating in analyses
- Maintains safe and clean work environment
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
Production Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous supervising experience in a CPG or similar company
- Experience in the food industry desired
- Experience with ERP’s desired
- Microsoft Office Products, desired
- Spanish fluency is an asset
- Coaching and correcting/confrontation
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Problem solving skills
- Tracking budget expenses
- High level of organizational skills
- Managing processes
- Process improvement
- Production planning
Dealing with complexity