The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for electrical and mechanical systems in the facility, which will include daily troubleshooting and routine maintenance activities. The right candidate is expected to troubleshoot and repair equipment, that affect the productivity of manufacturing group, as well as, plant facilities and subsystems. Maintenance technicians will be involved with process improvement providing input in production problem solving. This position will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a member of a dynamic team in a clean and safe environment. The role of maintenance technician performs all duties safely, accurately, and meets all set productivity goals. Additionally, the candidate for this position will be motivated to grow with Palmetto Gourmet Foods building a career for the years to come. Flexibility with scheduled workdays and shift preferences is required.
Maintenance Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Work with our manual/computerized maintenance management system to track work orders and preventative maintenance
- Troubleshoot and improvement activities including work with PLC’s
- Troubleshoot the following:
- Various types of AC/DC drives to include: Indramat, Siemens, ABB, Hitachi and Reliance
- Mechanical systems including shafts, bearing, gear drives, chain drives etc.
- Pneumatic and fluid systems such as compressed air and chilled water
- 110VAC-600VAC electrical issues, which will include both single phase and three phase appliances, motors, contractors and transformers
- Control voltage level electrical issues (24 VDC), including sensors, circuit boards, actuators, relays, etc.
- Building systems, including but not limited to, boilers, compressors, HVAC, lighting, security and surrounding grounds
- Perform fabrication and welding assignments when necessary
- Perform electrical wiring and conduit installation
- Participate in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety Program fundamentals to aid in Palmetto Gourmet Foods’ efforts to achieve a zero-accident rate
- Handle emergency maintenance and repair work
- Stock adequate maintenance materials and equipment to avoid shortages and excesses
- Maintain the maintenance tools and equipment in safe clean and good working conditions
- Provide assistance to co-workers when needed
- Adhere to company policies, safety regulations and OSHA requirements
Maintenance Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Food Production (preferred not required)
- Have a strong work ethic
- Physical dexterity
- Capable of lifting heavy weights (up to 50lbs)
- Endure tough working conditions
- Ability to walk and stand for long hours and work in confined spaces.
- Capable of working with a team.
- Must be able to work well with others to perform tasks
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical power transmission equipment
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings
- Working knowledge of compressor systems and HVAC systems
- Familiarity with all HMI systems in the facility with the ability to troubleshoot as necessary
Proficient with hand and power tools (technician must provide their own hand tools in order to perform the job duties)